Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Too much for one post!

Before I start on the deets of my new delivery, I have a few random thoughts, photos and recipes to share.

Check out those CARROTS! aren't they beautiful!?  These are photos I took when I opened a bag of carrots from my organic GFB to discover they were yellow, and stunning!  I made excellent use of them in a decadant carrot cake (sorry, no photo!) - courtesy of Alton Brown http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/carrot-cake-recipe/index.html.  The cake itself was easy, moist, and full of heart warming flavours - the cream cheese icing was subpar in my opinion, but not terrible.  The cake I would repeat - with a different icing.


     Below is a pre-christmas photo of some asian inspired pork ribs I did in the slow cooker - unforuntely, I can't for the life of me remember what exactly went in to this recipe - this is why people who decide to write food blogs about their own recipes need to blog on a regular basis! Let this be a lesson to me!  What I can tell you is this dish included an unkown amount of soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, sriracha chili sauce, and brown sugar.  Damn me for not writing it down! What I do remember is how delicious they were... I toasted those little sesame seeds before I added them too.



As a non-food related side note - this is a shout out to our good friends Erin and Andy, who as a house warming gift (many months ago!), bought us a very nice bottle of champagne, and two gorgeous green flutes  - they'll be proud to know we finally popped the top on that crystal the night Rory proposed :) It was perfectly perfect.  Yup, I'm almost officially taken - just one last quick trip to Vegas in May first ;)


I've also decided that I need to start posting any interesting non-food-box related food stuff - especially if I am given a gift of food!  Thanks to my good friend Michelle, who brought Rory and I back a generous helping of Austrian chocolate from her impromptu European getaway!  Where else can you find chocolate marzipan Mozart balls?!


I'm going to bring this post to a close, and start a fresh new one to go over my new delivery! I hope you enjoyed reading the rather schizophrenic variety this post had to offer!

a final note - I've added a photo of the green bean casserole that I talked about in my last post - I hope it is as mouthwatering and nostalgic for you as it is for me :)


1 comment:

  1. Favourite social worker JennJanuary 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM

    Glad you are supporting the carnivore population in the midst of your copious veggie recipe pursuits!!

    ReplyDelete