Friday, November 6, 2009

My love affair with perfect produce...

Welcome!!!

I am embarking on a journey that will have me trialing as many of the local produce box services in Toronto as possible over the next several months - all in hopes of finding the best fit for me and my small (me and the BF) family. This will also give anyone interested in the blog (anyone... anyone...) the down and dirty of the produce box biz!

I'll be eyeing up:

  • the % of local produce (will keep seasonal bias in mind)

  • the organic-ocity (new word!) of boxes, and if/how organics makes a difference in my life (and is it worth it?).

  • whatchya get for whatchya pay (i'm not made of $$ here folks)

  • other stuff (if/how much waste, weekly vs biweely, pick-up vs delivery, recipes, and mayyybe some nutrition info - as a dietitian i may divulge some insider scoop!)
I've done a little research so far, and this is the list I've compiled:
First on the agenda, the Good Food Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment